Thursday, August 03, 2006

Unite

I'm know that the service last night was annointed and awesome, but I didn't hear any of it. I was learning to manage the sound board, so I had to pay attention to Karl. I learned some things about God while I was up there, and He spoke to me specifically.

Before last night, I would commit sin, and I would be so ready to break free, but I never believed that I could do it myself. I have failed so many times. "Devon," I told myself, "perhaps the next service, there is going to be a miracle, something dramatic, just wait, and you'll be set free tommorrow." Tommorrow never came. But last night, I learned, first hand, that it is my responsibility to be willing to let God shape me. Every time I sin, I know that I can ask God to intervene, and sometimes I do, but not all the time. I know I am only human. But as far as devotionals, I have learned, that I dont have to wait untill church in order to make a move on God.

I know that being with the technical arts is hard work, and many responsibilities are given.I am going to loose many of the things I love the most about being in CCH. I wont get to be with my friends nearly as much. I am required to be up there, earlier, so the lobby time is greatly diminished. Not to mention, its like I loose my worship time completely. A burning desire to be a part of what is happening in the service fills me as I sit overlooking what is happening. Its not very fun, but it is serious.

It doesn't look like I'll get to do warehouse kids anymore either, I was really looking forward to that, because I so strongly love to be around kids. Ugh, its a bummer. God has spoken to me about it, and I know that this is the direction he wants me to take. He wants to build my character, and I need to learn some new "tricks". I find that knowledge is power, and I know that being in technical arts, especially around Karl, I am going to learn many new things that will help me out greatly later on in life.

There is a sense of accomplishment, and there are some moments where you can give yourself a pat on the back, because you know inside that you have made a difference. I have given up many different paths in light of this new one, I feel God has directed me here for a purpose, and I have decided to take it, no matter how painful it is to me right now, I'm trusting in God, I believe that his plan for me is best.

No comments: