Saturday, July 29, 2006

Lesson

Wow, Today was just fantastic. God has been teaching me alot today through being at powerquest. First of all, I find it necessary to explain the story. Powerquest essentially is vacation bible school. There are teams and stuff, and I was a leader on a team called tnt. I wasn't even a full leader in the first place, when I came last wednesday, because I hadn't planned on coming. I sort of came last minute, and did what I could to help.

Friday I couldn't come, and thats when the teams and leaders were really set in stone. So, I was no longer a leader in powerquest. Today at work my plan was to see if I could get off early to go to powerquest and visit with my friends, if I couldn't be there, being with friends at the end would be better than nothing. But Work was really slow today, and that is a miracle for me. I was allowed to be on call for amanda, so I went straight to powerquest.

I wasn't allowed to be a leader, they had all the spots filled. So I asked the one in charge what I could do to help. I did everything given to me. I said, lord, I am here, and I am going to give whatever I do my all. I don't care what it is. So, I was given some pretty tough stuff to do. All of it was simple, and humbling. I got to meet new people, and show I really cared. I was outside, and I was sweating horribly, because my Job required me to run non-stop. It looked easy, but it really wasn't, at all.

But anyways, charles, the other team leader for TNT, he sprained his wrist, so, the first person that was called in to take his place as leader was me. I did everything I could to be a good leader. I had worked so hard to get there with absolutely no guarantee. But God was with me. He showed me a huge lesson today, you have to do what you are given in front of you to the full. Why would you be trusted with something big when you can't even handle the small things given to you.

One thing is for sure though, when I was given the priveledge of being a leader, It meant so much more to me that I earned it. I thank God for this great lesson today. Oh, and after all that, I even got the t-shirt, from the leader. That told me that I was in the club. I'm so excited, its absolutely awesome.

No comments: